tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 01 15:38:08 1995

Sword of Kahless

I've followed the discussions on the recent DS9 episode with great
interest; now that they seem to be dying down, I can't help but toss in
something to possibly stir the pot again.
  We appear to have two contradictory versions of Klingon history.
  I am referring to the Next Gen episode "Rightful Heir," in which Worf
goes to ~Borath and Kahless shows up in the flesh.  Did Kahless or did he
not take his sword from the chair there in the retreat and tell the story
of how he had forged it and how he had killed Molor with it?  And the
clerics claimed that it had been preserved all these years, awaiting his
return?  No mention of alien invaders, no mention of the sword being lost
(after all, they've got it right there), and to top it all off, it's a
different sword than the one that appeared in "Sword of Kahless."  Maybe
I'm being nitpicky, but those seemed like pretty big discrepancies to
deal with, especially if we want to look at the Klingons as a culture
which was invaded by an alien race or not.  Comments, anyone?

Teresa Wells
Arizona State University
[email protected]

Back to archive top level