tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 01 14:14:53 1995

BattleCruiser Vengeance Project

Here's the latest from Matt.

Subject: Re: Klingon Language Roleplaying Game (BattleCruiser Vengean
Author:  [email protected] (M. Whiteacre) at Internet
Date:    12/1/95 2:06 PM

>OUT OF these first few letter.  There's really nothing to "look over" yet.
>
>However, more specifically:
>
>Stats will likely be dictated mostly by what words are available to us.
Using verb forms you could use:

Do' - luck
HoS - Strong
val - smart
ghoj - learn

>Skills will be considered "Advanced" or "In-Development" because names for
>abilities are more rare than names for possible Stats.
A mixture of verbs and nouns for skills:
tonSaw - fighting
chIj - navigate
'uD'a' - laser
qet - run
ghun - program a computer
moy'bI' - slingshot
bach - shoot
lab - data transmission
mugh - translate
Hol - language
jol - transport (beam)
betleH and other weapons

>Combat will be very important, both in man-to-man and in ship-to-ship senses.
>
>Dice Used will either be 10-sided (because the industry is going in that
>direction) or d6 or d12 (because of the original Klingon counting system).
I recommend d10's or more precisely d100's since we do have a word for
percent (vatlhvI')

>Scenarios will most likely be greatly varied.  A campaign could focus on a
>group of individual, young troops aboard a starcruiser who secretly plan to
>seize the ship and go renegade.  It could also have players in charge of one
>ship a piece (although roleplaying a fleet movement IN tlhIngan might be
>difficult to coordinate).

I'm not so sure I like the going renegade senario.  It doesn't seem
honorable.  I also agree that I like individual dynamics over fleet actions,
however some basic rules governing fleet combat NEED to be included.

>Welcome to the Brainstorming.

              ____
             |INRI|
             |    |           Matt Whiteacre