tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 30 18:54:30 1994

Re: KLBC: adjectives

According to Mark E. Shoulson:
> >There may well be canon that already establishes negation or
> >other verb suffixes on adjectival verbs. Nothing comes to mind.
> >~mark? Krankor? Can anybody think of anything?
>
> Funny you should ask :)  Indeed, there is canon that permits at least
> negation.  In CK, in the discussion of numbers, we have "wa'maH yIHmey
> lI'be'" for "ten useless tribbles."  I don't think this is license to use
> any suffixes you like on adjectival verbs, but I'm inclined to permit
> "-be'" (and likely "-Ha'"), based on this.

Thanks. That's just what I was looking for.

> >charghwI'
>

> ~mark
>
> A farm obviously acts like a great brain.

yab'a' Daba' Du'

wejpuH. [He says cooly, after picking himself up off the floor,
laughing hysterically.] ~mark, you have a delightfully twisted
sense of humor.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level