tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 26 10:04:44 1994

Pronunciation (Was: Re: KLBC: jItagh)

In message <[email protected]>
>From ~mark:

> ..."ng" is the sound at the
> end of English words like "thing".  Make sure you don't pronounce a hard
> "g" after it, that's all.

Thanks for the tip. I think I actually *was* putting a "g" on the end - I
missed that bit in TKD.

Looking at the pronunciation guide of TKD again, I see it mentions that some
klingons pronounce "b" as "m", so I suppose some variation in the "ng" sound is
minor by comparison. At any rate, the people on the tape do a much better job
of making the sounds than I can, and its actually not so difficult to write
down what they're saying after a bit of practice.

I wish the "Q" sound was easier, though....

--
EEG

Back to archive top level