tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 23 13:27:06 1994

Re: KLBC: jItagh

>From: "Mark E. Shoulson" <[email protected]>
>Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 12:28:08 -0400
>>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>
>>Date: Mon, 19 Sep 94 17:02:50 EDT
>
>>According to Craig Altenburg:

[---8><---]

>>> * How are to (')s in a row pronounced.  (e.g qama''e')
>
>>You might ask how two "t"s are pronounced in "splatter". Like
>>any other consonant, when it is doubled, it is usually
[---8><---]

>I'd have to agree withyou.  Okrand pronounces many doubled consonants as
>one in the tapes consistently, including "'".

I was listening to the Conversational Klingon tape yesterday. Its quite
difficult to hear some of the sounds such as the "ng" sound in words like
"tera'ngan". I listened to the word several times and it still sounded more
like "gn" or even "kn" than "ng". Is it just my ears or is it actually
pronounced like that?

--
EEG

Back to archive top level