tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 23 11:57:22 1994

Re: KLBC: A suggestion for 'inside'

> Now, we happen to have a convenient word for "belly" in thlIngan Hol,  chor.
>  So I suggest that we might express a phrase like "inside the garbage scow" as
>
> veQDuj chorDaq
>
> [Analysis: veQ-Duj               chor-Daq
>                   garbage-ship        belly-locative (5)]
>

> What do others think?

I like it!
Until Dr. O. gives up a better/canonical option I would use it.
It is sort of an idiom, of course, but it has a viseral flavor that we
Klingons would like...that and I think even the more dence of us would
understand its meaning.

majQa'!

--
David Barron || [email protected]  ||   lup Hoch yIyInqu'
   Klingon Language Postal Course       ||   qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level