tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 12 13:29:34 1994

Re: {-ghach} and HolQeD

>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>
>Date: Wed, 12 Oct 94 7:45:49 EDT

>nuqneH,

>For myself, I see little there to cause me to want to go back
>and rewrite anything adding in more {-ghach}es. I do, however,
>see a clear redemption for Krankor's idea of using {-ghach} to
>expand the potential for comparatives.

>tlhIngan jIHtaHghach quv law' tlhIngan SoHtaHghach quv puS!

>"I am a more honored Klingon than you."

Hmmmmm.  I don't see that really.  I'd consider "jIH" as a conjugated verb,
like adding  a prefix to an ordinary very.  And while Okrand doesn't forbid
that, he certainly doesn't find it terribly natural.  I'd rather attack
this problem by talking to Okrand about comparatives than about -ghach.

>charghwI'

~mark

Back to archive top level