tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 12 04:48:39 1994

{-ghach} and HolQeD

nuqneH,

I finally got my copy of HolQeD. The {-ghach} article is very
interesting, though I predictably wince at the likely result.
Despite Okrand's repeated disclaimers, like "it would be weird
to say it that way, though not altogether wrong" we will likely
have a large slide towards the use of {-ghach} as crutch.

For myself, I see little there to cause me to want to go back
and rewrite anything adding in more {-ghach}es. I do, however,
see a clear redemption for Krankor's idea of using {-ghach} to
expand the potential for comparatives.

tlhIngan jIHtaHghach quv law' tlhIngan SoHtaHghach quv puS!

"I am a more honored Klingon than you."

More comment will await my catching up on mail, which will not
occur for another couple days. My life is getting rather zooey
all of a sudden.

Holtej? Care to step in until Friday or so? Otherwise, to the
KLBC crew, please forgive me for sliding behind for a couple
days. At least this doesn't happen very often...

charghwI'

Back to archive top level