tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 12 05:00:21 1994

Re: Good day to die. Fooey.

According to Joel Anderson:

>  Heghjaj vIDoy'mo'qu'!

nuq? I tend to think of {Doy'} as rather intransitive. So is
the first word supposed to mean "May he die!" or is it a bad
attempt at "Deathday"? If the latter, then I could almost parse
this as "Because I am very tired of deathday." Notice that this
is not a complete sentence. Also notice that {-qu'} is
misplaced. It can't follow a Type 9 suffix. Otherwise it sort
of almost parses to "Because I am very tired, may he die."
Whatever it is supposed to mean, it didn't quite make it.

>  DaHjaj jIyIn.  'ach tlhIngan jIHbe'.
>
>  ---
>
>   mighghachvo' 'ej yIQaQ

"From (non-continuous) evil and be good"?

>       rojghach yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'

{roj} already has a noun form. Do you really mean something so
different from the noun form that you need to add {-ghach} to
the verb form? "Seek the makation of peace and chase this
thing."

>                          Psalm 34:14

They said THAT in the BIBLE? "From non-continuous evil and be
good. Seek non-continuous makation of peace and chase this
thing." The bible is even weirder than I thought.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level