tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 04 07:37:20 1994

Re: Fwd:re: Re: Good day to die.

> Comments by: James [email protected]@PWC.HDQ
> Originally To: ISMTP@[email protected][[email protected]]
> Original Date: Monday, October 3, 1994 at 7:32:54 am EDT
> Originally From: James [email protected]@PWC.HDQ
> Comments:
>
> This is another message that I sent that didn't seem to make it.

As Okrand discribed -ghach in HolQeD, useing it eliminates so ambiguity
about the little discribed infinitive verb.  TKD does NOT say Hegh means "to
die". It simply says "die (v)".

I must admit that HeghmeH would seem to work but some others on the list here
have pointed out some problems with it.  I hope someone will elaborate
'cause I dont remember the argument.

All in all this has never been a simple sentence to translate.

> Does QaQ 'oH Dahjaj really say "Today is a good day"? or is that why you use th
> e 'e' to imply "day"?

The Final -'e' is discribed  on page 68.  It is there for no better reason
than "that is just the way you construct "to be" type verbs.

--
David Barron || [email protected]  ||   lup Hoch yIyInqu'
   Klingon Language Postal Course       ||   qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level