tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 20 18:13:51 1994

Re: SatlhobneS

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' Riku Anttila jay'?

=nuqneH. I have a variety of questions and this must be the right place
=for them. At least #1 and #2 are for KLBC.

Leaving the rest for Will...

=4. How would I ask "_How_many_times_ did you hit him?" etc.?

The guaranteed correct and uncontroversial way of saying it would be:
qaStaHvIS wanI' 'ar DaqIp?
I myself, however, would have a lot of time for
qaStaHvIS 'ar DaqIp?
or even (and this *would* be controversial)
'arlogh DaqIp?

(Some natural languages do do this, although of course, the language most
Klingonists know which would do anything like this is Esperanto (je kioma
horo?))

=QI'DaS tuQbej SoSlI'

tlhIngan tayqeq qellu'DI', tIchbe'ba' mu'tlheghvam...

--
 Nick Nicholas. Melbourne University, Aus. [email protected]

Back to archive top level