tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 07 10:29:40 1994

Re: vulqan Hol

According to Ville Heikkila:

> This may go a bit out of this list...
>
> What was the language Saavik was talking in STIII? I've heard it's
> supposed to be the language of Vulcan - another language created by
> Okrand. Can anyone tell if this is true and where I could get more
> information about it?
>
> (And about Klingonaase, Clipped Klingon, anything.. I'm interested! ;)
>
> Viznut.H.

Ironically, Okrand was first hired to write a couple lines in
Vulcan in ST2, which were mostly already made up by Nimoy
anyway, and they were happy enough with Okrand's work there to
hire him again for ST3 to write a few more lines in Vulcan and
a LOT more lines in Klingon.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Whatever they said in Vulcan was not developed beyond the lines
spoken on the screen.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level