tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 10 20:34:07 1994

First posting

On Tue, 10 May 1994, William H. Martin wrote:
> According to Matt Whiteacre:
> > As to the KATE tape, should I send a copy of my recording from last time to
> > you, or do you think that eventually you will get my tape?  If you believe
> > the latter, should I send a copy of my recording to the person ahead of
	you,
> > so he will still get a full set?

Greetings.  This is my first post, so pardon the English.  I'm still
reading the book and listening to the first tape.

What is the KATE tape?

		And regarding previous postings:

Why is HAMLET and the Bible, of all things, being translated into
Klingonese.  What about MACBETH (killing your liege lord is a no-no) and
Machavelli?

Hope the language camp will be a "go".  Can't get there this year
(school-aggrevated poverty and all that) but maybe next year!  T-shirts
available?

Is any one from this chatline attending WesterCon?  Live in Seattle?

Trying to follow the threads of conversation as best I can.

Item of curiosity about Klingon culture as reflected in language:  the
word, REVENGE.  Have multiple items about revenge been incorporated into
the language so far?  Revenge of slighted honor.  Revenge for blood
oaths.  Or vengence?  I'm doodling on a novel and the concept of the
varieties of revenge keep cropping up.

			A cool .sig will go here someday
			     [email protected]