tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 11 10:37:01 1994

Re: First posting

According to Nancy Polk:

> What is the KATE tape?

	Klingon Audio Tape Exchange. Half a dozen of us have
organized a circle who records Klingon speech on an audio
cassette, then once every two weeks, we send the tape to the
next person on the list. We just sent our second tape. Guido#1
is the organizer. If you don't know that handle, then you must
have just joined...

> Why is HAMLET and the Bible, of all things, being translated into
> Klingonese.  What about MACBETH (killing your liege lord is a no-no) and
> Machavelli?

MacBeth will certainly be done. As for others, you might
consider it a worthwhile project yourself, once you get a
little experience.

> Trying to follow the threads of conversation as best I can.
>
> Item of curiosity about Klingon culture as reflected in language:  the
> word, REVENGE.  Have multiple items about revenge been incorporated into
> the language so far?  Revenge of slighted honor.  Revenge for blood
> oaths.  Or vengence?  I'm doodling on a novel and the concept of the
> varieties of revenge keep cropping up.

Great idea. To my knowledge, no such variations on the noun as
yet exist within the known vocabulary. {bortaS} pretty much
covers it.

> 			A cool .sig will go here someday
> 			     [email protected]

Try the following. I just made it up today:

          Hoch yIquvmoH. Hoch 'oH quv'e'.

It means, "Honor everything. Honor is everything."

charghwI'

Back to archive top level