tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 10 10:13:41 1994

tam poHvo'

ghay' cha', nI' DuSaQ poHvam
DuSaQ Doch neH jIvumlaH 'ach Monday Qav pom munuD ghojmoHwI'wI' (that
probably came out strange, but I couldn't find "take a final")
chaq ghoS Hoghvammey jItlhabmoH
Sayu' vIneH...
Do'Ha' tera'ngan Hol vIlo'neS

Can Klingon's see color as well as humans?  I know that some languages do
not distinguish between blue and green, for example old Japanese, so not
having the words to describe the full spectrum (according to English) would
not be so strange.  However, to have only two words for distinguishing
color (red/orange and blue/green/yellow) does strike me as a bit odd.
Perhaps, with a better sense of smell (do they have that?), there was no
evolutionary need to develop color recognition beyond its current state.
Also, seeing the lack of color aboard ships and in the Great Hall, maybe
that's not just an aesthetic choice, but a biological one as well.  Maybe
Klingon's eyes are more attuned to greys and detail than humans'.  Well?
Commentary?

Peter Garza
[email protected]

Back to archive top level