tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 14 14:14:14 1994

Re: Infinitives and STVI?

>From what I heard, the regional pronounciation of Dujvetlh 'oH nuq'e' was
intentional.  It was supposed to be that the guy was really out in the
middle of nowhere on this listening post, that he was really from the stix.
The example on PK is almost certainly intended to clarify this, because
otherwise it's damn near impossible to understand the joke-- you just assume
it's yet-another-untrained-actor.  But yes, I've heard it was intentional.

				--Krankor

Back to archive top level