tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 14 07:54:59 1994

Infinitives and STVI?

                       Subject:                               Time:7:59 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Infinitives and STVI?                  Date:3/14/94

qaghItlhneS:

I've been mulling over what Amy said to me.. a refresher...

> "I want to translate it" = vImugh vIneH

Does this mean that you can get an infinitive structure by placing your
infinitive (and prefix) before your verb?  I tried to find something that
refers to infinitives (and gerunds?) in TKD, but, no luck?  Help please?

Also... I was watching STVI:TUC this weekend and was a bit confused...
The scene where the crew is trying to "converse" with the Klingon
tracking station (while en-route to Rura Pente), the Klingon kept saying
something like "rheen" for "over"... what in the HECK was he trying to
say?  "rIn"?  Any clues?

Qapla'!

-majIq

Back to archive top level