tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 04 00:34:19 1994

Re: KLBC "Parrot"

        Reply to:   RE>KLBC "Parrot"
jatlh qor:

> 	What will you learn just reading it?  Did you pick up your Math skills
> by just Reading it?  Did you learn english by JUST reading it??

No... I learned by example/non-example from a teacher standing up and
illustrating what things do/don't do.  I never suggested that I (or
anyone else) should JUST learn by reading.  I DID suggest that a learner's
time is not well spent flipping through pages to look for words.  The
only thing a learner learns from this is how to use a dictionary (and
I *hope* we've all learned that by now).

-majIq

Back to archive top level