tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 04 00:21:21 1994

Adjectives and vIH

With regards to the discussion concerning adjectives & vIH:

We've all read the quote from TKD p. 78-79, but so far noone's
mentioned an equally-relevant quote, from p. 49:

"A verb expressing a state or quality..."

It seems to me that vIH does indeed express a state, the state
of being in motion, and as such can be used in this way.  It's
not the inclusing of the English "to be" in the definition,
but the thematic nature of the verb itself.

I must admit I haven't kept up with all the discussion, and this info
may not even be relevant, but I thought I'd throw it out to the
masses, to do with what you will.

Holtej

Back to archive top level