tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 30 01:48:16 1994

Re: for beginners

Well, we've seen fek'lhr the guardian of ge''thor, and sto-vo-kor, the
"life beyond this life."  (Gross generalization here), only athiests
have no afterlife (I think -- have I protected myself against flames enough?
:-) ).  There are also the holy writings as preserved by the monks of
Boreth.  If I'm not mistaken, the Rite of Ascension that Wes arranged
for Worf was also a spiritual rite of passage.  And there was the pilgrimage
to the Lava caves of No'Mat when he was a child.   I believe very strongly
that Klingons are spiritual people.  They're also a very private people
and as such, any reference to spirituality is held close to the vest, as it
were.  You collect the clues and tidbits when and where you find them.
IMHO.

Susan

Back to archive top level