tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 22 23:33:33 1994

Re: Klinpack, charghwI' correcting Amy

According to [email protected]:

> On Thu 21 Jul 94 06:54, Mark E. Shoulson writes:
>
> >>Perhaps {yuch SopbeHchoHlu'} is better?
>
> >Not really...
>
> I would say:
>
> Soplu'meH yuchbeH
>
> If -beH can be used for any inanimate object... chocolate
> isn't exactly a mechanical device.

Unfortunately, yuch is a noun and -beH is a verbal suffix.

> And finally,
>
>     yuch Sopbogh puq vIlegh  I see the child who eats the chocolate.

which, of course, also means, "I see the chocolate which is
eaten by the child."

>     mulegh yuch Sopbogh puq  The child who eats the chocolate sees me.

which, of course, also means, "The chocolate, which is eaten by
the child, sees me."

> These look like good examples where using 'e' to identify the
> head noun in a relative clause might be explained.

Yep.

> Amy

charghwI'

Back to archive top level