tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 19 06:12:20 1994

Re: Thinking in Klingon

> >I have found out that it is easier to write in Klingon, and get it correct
> >if you *think* in Klingon.  (Often I'll find myself taking notes in a
> >class, and a spot or two will be in Klingon.)
> >

> How does one go about learning to think in Klingon?  I have been working
> with Klingon for just over a year now.  I feel I have a good grasp of the
> grammer, and with my TKD I can translate most anything (even Nick's
> Shakespeare).  I do not however feel that I can THINK in Klingon.  I figure
> part of my difficulty is being very mono-lingual.  Do you have any suggestions?

Uh... it comes with practice.

Basically, you have worked with the language enough that you don't have
to keep going back to the beginning of your first line to put in that
adverbial you forgot, because you already just *know* that the adverbials
come first...

Practice?

--HoD trI'Qal
  tlhwD lIy So'