tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 12 03:37:56 1994

Next years Klign-Fling

Clearly, there are ALOT of people on this list who would DESPERATLY LOVE
to be at the Philly Kling-Phling but cant.

Many of these people cant go because of 1) not enough lead time and 2)
they are on the west coast and cant travel, i.e. money.

Understanding these facts and assuming we want more people next year
I offer a few suggestions.

1) Get the date and location of next years Kling-Phling set ASAP.
I recomend having it in Philly again for several reasons. a) It is the
location of the KLI. b) no location search, c) Lawrence will know
what is required and learn from any mistakes from this years event.

2) For those of us on the west coast once we have a date and place
we can form our own network with a goal to get there next year.
This could mean a long drive for a few of us or shareing frequent
flyer miles.

3) PLAN ON BEING THERE! Save your pennies, put it on you refrigerator
calander, tell you family "I will go." ,  plan any events like marrages
arround this event, look for sponsors, and put your money down on
plane tickets.  Call ahead to fined someone to stay with.
Plan your business travel so that you just-so-happen to be in the same
city as the Kling-Phling.

Any other suggestions?

BTW I plan on being there next year (period). rIntaH.

--
       David Barron              ||     lup Hoch yIyInqu'
Klingon Language Postal Course   ||     qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level