tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 18 05:17:18 1994

Slogan

[email protected] writes:

>Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 15:03:45 -0500

>   "A Brave Warrior is Prepared: Get your Hepatitis B Shots!"

>   "ghuHbej yoHtaHwI' SuvwI':  HEPATITIS-B Hergh yISuqqu'!"

"yoHtaHwI' SuvwI'" is a "a brave one's warrior", unless you're using nouns
in apposition, and I don't really see the call for that here.  You'd do
best just with "SuvwI' yoH" or "yoHtaHbogh SuvwI'" if you want the -taH.
Or else go with "SuvwI'na'" "a *true* warrior".  Of course, the line we
have for "a great warrior is always prepared" is a replacement proverb:
"reH Suvrup SuvwI''a'".  Actually, it might be good to reuse this, sort of
like reusing a proverb with its literal meaning for effect (in fact, xactly
like doing that).  Like... um, I dunno... say a society against
exploitation of animals making bumber stickers that said "Don't put the
cart before the horse!" or something.

~mark

Back to archive top level