tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 18 05:47:54 1994

Re: qep'a'

> (I welcome everyone to answer these questions.)

Well, I was there, so I s'pose I should anyway, eh? {{;)

> 1.  How many people attended?

I think this was answered to death in the posts I have already seen,
thanks to a mailer that insists on inverting the order messages come in.
I am begging to suspect that this is a feature of the list, and not my
mailer, as I am using a different mailer now, as you may have noticed...

> 2.  Where exactly was it held?

A recently-re-opened Best Western on the Northeast side of Philladelphia.

> 3.  How much did it cost?

Um... the prices I saw listed so far were a bit misleading.  Yes, a
single room was $60, but a double was $65 to be split between the
roomies... and a triple was $75 to be split.  There was also a $20
banquett, and expect to lose about $5-10 to Qanqor in poQ'ar.  Oh, and
food.  I don't recall how much I spent on that... but all told, the whole
thing cost me about $300... and this included a
slightly-more-than-requested donation to the KLI at the end.

> 4.  What were the activities?

This has also been beat to death.  I also can't think of anything else to
add to it... except learning to sing "taHjaj wo'", perhaps?

> 5.  What did you like the most?

Getting to place some faces with some names (and one or two voices!) I
knew... and of course, getting to speak Hol at people who actually
*understood* me!

> 6.  What did you dislike the most?

I would say the media, but that wouldn't really be true.  I suppose I am
the only one who felt this way, but I thought we needed one more day;
after the media got through with us, I realized just how far into our
time we were, and how little we had actually had a chance to
speak/interact with each other.

Then again, I got there just barely before the opening dinner, and when I
did, I was in *no* shape to comment on *anything*.  (Although I suspect I
did, and don't really remember... I was *tired*!)

> 7.  What would you recommend for next Kling-Fling?

Um... how about more people getting dressed for the openeing banquet? {{:)

Seriously, I had a really *great* time... it was well worth my time,
effort, and money to get out there... it was a winning combination... and
as my Grandfather Dobelbower used to say:  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

> 8.  WHat would you like to be avoided at a Kling-Fling?

This is a tougher one.

Uh... Qanqor shouldn't be allowed to play poQ'ar?  {{:)

> Everyone, regardless of whether or not you attended K-F, is welcome to
> answer, especially 7 and 8.

> chuQun

This help?

--HoD trI'Qal