tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 17 08:06:10 1994

qep'a'

>From: Heidi Wessman <[email protected]>
>Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 14:30:02 -0600 (MDT)

>Okay.  Here's my questions:

>(I welcome everyone to answer these questions.)

>1.  How many people attended?

Um... something like 8 or 12 on the first day, lesseining somewhat to more
like 6 or 7 by the end.

>2.  Where exactly was it held?

Best Western Hotel, NE Philadelphia.  Mostly in the Boardroom.

>3.  How much did it cost?

Somethign like $65 per room per night.  Details depending on how many
people shared a room.  Plus $20 for the banquet first night, plus other
expenses (like losing in poker, buying tapes from Krankor, other food,
etc).

>4.  What were the activities?

Dealing with huge mounds of media, swimming in the pool, talking, going to
Bennigan's and speaking Klingon and ignoring the stares of people who
noticed Krankor's forehead, hitting the arcade nearby and not doing much,
poker in the evenings, singing along with Qanqor, occasionally making up
new Klingon or Klingon-oriented words to the songs, watching videotapes
from other Klingon happenings, um... generally having a good time.

>5.  What did you like the most?

Meeting the folks, holding Klingon conversations, swimming...

>6.  What did you dislike the most?

Hard to say... Mostly it went okay.  I didn't dislike the media as much as
the others did.

>7.  What would you recommend for next Kling-Fling?

A *little* more planning as to what to do.

>8.  WHat would you like to be avoided at a Kling-Fling?

Root canals.

>chuQun

~mark

Back to archive top level