tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 03 12:01:09 1994

Re: "Qu'Hom" revisions; esp. 4 H.trI'Qal & ~m. (Look out, it's long!)

************************* From: [email protected] ****************************
*  Access our worldwide interactive FAXified(sm) Database...toll-free at  *
*  1-800-947-3650, enter "054" for instructions.  Hundreds of catagories! *
*  Access our ftp site for many unusual and interesting files:            *
*  Server: mary.iia.org  /pub/users/patriot  *  Read file descript.ion    *

On Sun, 3 Jul 1994, William H. Martin wrote:

> According to David Starr:
> >

> > How about phonetics as well as the written tlhIngan word...it is still
> > hard for me to speak Klingon...but I will most certainly learn to write
> > it...{{:-)...does anyone agree?
>
> AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH! Written Klingon is already phonetic, in
> that with only rare and subtle exceptions, each letter of the
> Klingon alphabet is pronounced only one way (unlike English).
> To further write it out "phonetically" is only to dillute the
> standardization that we already have for the written language.
> I would STRONGLY prefer that you go back and learn the
> pronunciation for each of the letters rather than have anyone
> phonetically write out the Klingon. Dayaj'a'?
>
> > Qapla'
> >
> > Starr
>
> charghwI'

jIH yaj charghwI'