tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 03 09:57:09 1994

Re: "Qu'Hom" revisions; esp. 4 H.trI'Qal & ~m. (Look out, it's long!)

According to David Starr:

> How about phonetics as well as the written tlhIngan word...it is still
> hard for me to speak Klingon...but I will most certainly learn to write
> it...{{:-)...does anyone agree?

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH! Written Klingon is already phonetic, in
that with only rare and subtle exceptions, each letter of the
Klingon alphabet is pronounced only one way (unlike English).
To further write it out "phonetically" is only to dillute the
standardization that we already have for the written language.
I would STRONGLY prefer that you go back and learn the
pronunciation for each of the letters rather than have anyone
phonetically write out the Klingon. Dayaj'a'?

> Qapla'
>
> Starr

charghwI'

Back to archive top level