tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 03 11:05:20 1994

Re: Klingon musical instruments (was Re: Introduction)

>Oh, geez!  I'd forgotten.  Wasn't "chusuk" (sp?) the name of a
>musical instrument in the *Dune* <way too many :->logy, or maybe
>the name of an instrument maker?

Chusuk was the name of a planet famous for musicians and instrument
makers, particularly makers of balisets. Gurney Halleck was a
Chusukian, and a master on the baliset. In the unauthorized "long
version" of the movie _Dune_, Gurney, played by Patrick Stewart, aka
Capt. Picard on _ST:TNG_, is shown playing the baliset.

-QumpIn 'avrIn
 [email protected]
 who had to work a Trek reference in there somewhere

Back to archive top level