tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 22 10:08:43 1994

Re: TLBC: QelHo' vISuch

On Mon, 21 Feb 94 13:18:46 EST, Will Martin wrote:

>Matthew Whiteacre wrote and charghwI' responds:
>> Subject: TLBC: QelHo' vISuch
>>
>> wejleS QelHo' vISuch
>
>     Am I the only person who would have expected {Ho'Qel} instead of
>{QelHo'}? Perhaps it makes no difference? {Ho'Qel DaSuchtaHvIS bIDo'jaj}

I thought about that during lunch yesterday.  For no reason at all the
thought popped into my head.  However, I think there is a definite problem
with QelHo'.

QelHo' vISuch --> I visit the doctor's tooth
Ho'Qel vISuch --> I visit the doctor of teeth

>> Ho'wIj tI'
>
>     Ho'lIj tI'qu' Ho'Qel QaQ 'e' vItul
>
>> cha'maHben ragh Ho'
>
>     Ho' qab DaghajmeH nI'qu' cha'maH DIS
>
>> tI'ghach ngo' vIchIl
>
>     DaSopbe'pu' 'e' vItul
>
>> vaghHu' raghghach tu' QelHo'
>
>     qaStaHvIS chorgh jaj 'oy' DabuSlaH
>
>     yItIv

cha'maH DIS raghtaHbe' Ho'wIj
cha'maHben tI'bej 'ach ghor tI'ghach
DaH jI'oy'be'
QISlI' Ho'wIj HeH
wa'leS pov tI'qa'
Ho'Qel vISuchvIpbe'

Is it worth posting this list of words?  I don't mind and it is not
difficult, however it does take up space and make the messages rather large.

       2  'ach                but , nevertheless , even so, however (conj)
       5  be'                 female, woman (n), not (verb suffix)
       2  bej                 certainly (verb suffix), watch (v)
       3  ben                 years ago (n)
       1  buS                 concentrate on (v)
       5  cha'                show, display (picture) (v), two (num)
       1  chargh              conquer (v)
       1  che                 (you all| us)
       1  chIl                lose,  misplace (v)
       4  Da                  (you | him/her, them); behave as (v)
       2  DaH                 now (adv)
       3  DIS                 cave (n), year (n), confess (v)
       2  'e'                 emphasis on (type 5 noun), that (previous topic) (pro)
       4  ghach               nominalizer (make noun out of) (type 9 verb suffix)
       1  ghaj                have,  possess (v)
       2  ghor                break (v), surface (of a planet) (n)
       2  HeH                 edge (n)
      14  Ho'                 admire (v); tooth (n)
       1  Hu'                 days ago (n); get up (v)
       1  jaj                 day (from dawn to dawn) (n); may, let (verb suffix)
       2  jI                  (I | none)
       1  laH                 ability (n); can, able (verb suffix)
       1  leS                 days from now  (n), rest relax (v)
       2  lI'                 useful, transmit data (v); your (n. suf. for beings)
       1  lIj                 forget (v); your (noun suffix)
       5  maH                 ten (num); we, us (pro)
       1  meH                 bridge (of a ship) (n); for (verb suffix)
       1  net                 that (previous  topic) (pro)
       1  ngo'                be old (not new)  (v)
       1  nI'                 be long,  lengthy  (duration)  (v)
       2  not                 never  (adv)
       2  num                 promote   (v)
       3  'oy'                ache,  pain , sore (n) (v)
       2  pe                  (Imperative: you all | none)
       2  pov                 afternoon (n); be excellent (v)
       1  pu'                 plural for beings (n suf); phaser (n); past (v suf)
       2  qa'                 resume (type 3 verb suffix)
       1  qab                 be bad (v); face  (n)
       1  QaQ                 be good (v)
       1  qaS                 occur, happen   (v)
       8  Qel                 doctor, physician  (n)
       2  qu'                 be fierce (v), emphatic (rover verb suffix)
       4  ragh                decay  (v)
       6  re                  (we | you all)
       1  ro                  trunk (of body)  (n)
       1  rom                 accord (n)
       1  Sop                 eat (v)
       5  Such                visit (v)
       1  ta                  record  (n)
       4  taH                 continue, endure (v); continuous (verb suffix)
       1  ten                 embark (v)
       7  tI'                 fix, repair (v)
       1  tIv                 enjoy  (v)
       1  tlhIngan            Klingon  (n)
       1  tor                 kneel (v)
       1  tu                  (you all | me)
       1  tu'                 discover, find, observe, notice (v)
       2  tul                 hope (v)
       1  vagh                five (num)
       7  vI                  (I | him/her, them)
       2  vIp                 afraid (verb suffix)
       3  vIS                 while (verb suffix)
       2  wa'leS              tomorrow (n)
       1  wej                 not yet (adv); three  (num)
       1  wI'                 my (noun suf for beings); one who does (verb suf)
       4  wIj                 farm (v); my (type 4 noun suffix)
       1  yI                  (Imperative: you all, you |
              ____
             |INRI|
             |    |           Matt Whiteacre
             |    |           [email protected]