tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 20 08:37:49 1994

A Beginner's Klingon Song

I have written a song in Klingon.

A few notes on how to read the transcription: It is in 4/4 time, the beat of
a proper march.  The beat is counted out on the top line with half beats
marked as 'a'.  Count it as 'one and two and ...'  The notes are on the
second line starting with C.  Any notes higher than C are marked with a '^'
and those lower are unmarked.  The words are on the third line.  They may be
broken up with hyphens, that merely indicates that the word is held through
the beat.  I'll leave the translation up to you, it is extremely simple and
once you've figured it out actually singing it should be no problem.

Qapla'

Kordite, Chief of Intelligence, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group

nach volchaHDu' qIvDu' yaDDu'
 __________________________________ __________________________________
|  1   a   2   a   3   a   4   a   |  1   a   2   a   3   a   4   a   |
|  C--------   C   D^  C   B   C   |  A   A   C   C   C   C           |
|  na-----ch  vol-chaHDu' qIv-Du'  | yaD-Du' qIv-Du' yaD-Du'          |
|__________________________________|__________________________________|
 __________________________________ __________________________________
|  1   a   2   a   3   a   4   a   |  1   a   2   a   3   a   4   a   |
|  C--------   C   D^  C   B   C   |  G   G   C   C   C   Bb  A   G   |
|  na-----ch  vol-chaHDu' qIv-Du'  | yaD-Du' qIv-Du' yaD-Du'  je---   |
|__________________________________|__________________________________|
 __________________________________ __________________________________
|  1   a   2   a   3   a   4   a   |  1   a   2   a   3   a   4   a   |
| mIn-----Du'     Qoy-----wI'      | Du'      nu--j   ghI-----ch      |
|  1   a   2   a   3   a   4   a   |  1   a   2   a   3   a   4   a   |
|  E^-------   E^  E^  C   D^  E^  |  F^  F^  F^  F^  F^  F^          |
|  na-----ch  vol-chaHDu' qIv-Du'  | yaD-Du' qIv-Du' yaD-Du'          |

Back to archive top level