tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 20 09:52:19 1994

Re: Martial Art Form

Mark writes:

> Maybe we/the KLI can convince Paramount that *we'll*
> generate/proofread/help with pronunciation of the occasional
> Klingon segment, in return for, oh, mention in the credits
> or something.

This is a possibility, but a very unlikely one.  For the same reason I
suspect they don't bother to call Marc much for episodes.  Things change TOO
quickly, from script to script.  So from the stand point of production, it's
just not viable.  At least, that's what Marc tells me.

In related news, I have offerred the KLI's services to Malibu Comics, the
folks who recently began putting out the licensed DSN comicbook.  No
substantive reply, but I am on their mailing list and get all their press
releases.  Sadly, a press release that came in today's mail described an
upcoming four issue mini-series which features Klingons.  Since they didn't
opt to take advantage of the generous offer made to them, I haven't a clue
whether the storyline will include any Klingon language or not.  I'll
probably give them another call in the next day or so, and remind them of the
offer though...

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::