tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 17 03:17:39 1994

RE: KLBC- Suggestions... and mo

>  I'm getting quite a response back from those of us who are just starting
>out in the language (nice to see Rob and yaj from strek-l)...  Just one
>thing that would make this work VERY nicely...

>  I think it might help if we had some good examples of translation.  I
>suggest that, in the most part, you include what you're trying to say
>in English with your Klingon.  Although this tends to make people lazy
>and not learn vocab., it will help us learn syntax.  Any objections?

>mu'mey tIghoj!  (Learn words!)

I think syntax is more important than building a vocabulary from memory.
With the syntax, you can say whatever you want to, you just need to
flip through the dictionary until you find what you need.

With just vocabulary, you don't know how to structure the words.

I've tried to interpret some of the Klingon I have seen here, and
it is frustrating because I can't find all of the words in the
dictionary.  I have the newest edition.

Rob LentneS

Back to archive top level