tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 15 02:10:53 1994

Re: Klingon Insults

ataashvaD Dochvam ghItlh charghwI':
                *       *       *

}> 4.  lamDaq QuchlIj DaHabchoHta'.
}
}     That #4 is my favorite. Except that {Hab} is intransitive, being used as
}if transitive. Try {DaHabchoHmoHpu'}. I took the liberty of assuming the act
}of making smooth was not intentional.

                *       *       *
I'll chime in with my approval of these insults.  Juicy!  But I prefer to
smooth charghwI''s construction a little.  I don't think the -choH suffix is
necessary with this -moH.  Literally, 'you have caused it to be smooth' is
enough, contextually implying the change in state; 'you have caused it to
become smooth' is a tad redundant.  So my version is

        lamDaq QuchlIj DaHabmoHpu'

- marqem

                         Mark A. Mandel
    Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 965-5200
  320 Nevada St. :  Newton, Mass. 02160, USA : [email protected]

Back to archive top level