tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 15 10:32:51 1994

Re: Klingon Insults

>smooth charghwI''s construction a little.  I don't think the -choH
>suffix is necessary with this -moH.  Literally, 'you have caused it
>to be smooth' is enough, contextually implying the change in state;
>'you have caused it to become smooth' is a tad redundant.  So my
>version is
>        lamDaq QuchlIj DaHabmoHpu'
>- marqem

I disagree.  This is exactly the sort of usage that calls for
using -choH.  Without it, you'd be saying "You have caused
it to smooth", which makes little sense.  I don't see how you
get the *be* in your translation, unless you're thinking of
DaHabmoHpu' as an adjective with verb suffixes and a prefix!

Amy

[email protected]

Back to archive top level