tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 13 23:28:34 1994

Re: paghmo'

On Feb 11,  8:52pm, Nick NICHOLAS wrote:
> See Prochel's article on kinship terms in HolQeD

     I had difficulties with that article. It seemed that Prochel was feeding
his own need to have kinship terms by making some up that are not especially
justified by canon. For uncle, I would prefer {vavwI' loDnI'} or {SoSwI'
loDnI'} for several reasons. One is that anybody can understand it WITHOUT
needing to read Prochel's article. Second, it does not assume that Klingons
have any other association with the role of uncle beyond that of a parent's
brother. Third, it does not lose reference to which parent is related by
brotherhood, as WE lose when we use the term "uncle".

charghwI'

Back to archive top level