tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 11 02:58:48 1994

Spoken Klingon

Matt Whiteacre requested:

> For me at least, I would love to have some tapes of spoken
> Klingon.  Would it be possible for the KLI to do some recording
> at one of the Klingon Language events?  I think that several of
> us who are trying to learn Klingon, not only as a written
> language, but as a spoken one would like to get them.

This sounds like an excellent suggestion, if we can work out the logistics
and people aren't overly concerned with the quality of the tapes.

I'm hoping for a few dramatic readings from the translations in progress of
the KSRP at the seminar hosted by David Barron in July.  With luck we might
be able to record these.

I'll try and remember to mention the idea to Glen Proechel (who's running a
three week camp, also in July) when I chat with him next.  Glen is very big
on practicing the language by audio tape, and would probably be interested in
it as well.

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::