tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 07 00:04:19 1994

Re: {-moH}

> -marqoS writes and charghwI' responds:
> \Also: how does one say "per" as in "there is one captain per ship"?
>         Reword: "neH wa' HoD ghaj Dujmey Hoch", "all of the ships have only
> one captain".  There is a potential for confusion here, as it might seem
> that all the ships together have one captain, but we know of no way to say
> "each" or "every".
> -marqoS

     Good point, though {neH} does not begin a sentence like other
adverbials. It FOLLOWS the word it modifies, be it noun or verb (TKD 5.4,
page 56-57). As for the disambiguity, how about:

            Dujmey HochvaD wa' HoD neH ghajtaH wa' Duj

charghwI'

Back to archive top level