tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 01 06:33:07 1994

Re: QonoSwIjvo'

> > = David Barron
> = charghwI', as does nothing in left margin:

> Subject: Re: QonoSwIjvo'
> > De'wI'wIj QaQ QapHa'lu' vaj De'wI'wIj latlhvo' jabbI'IDvam SangeH.
>
> {-lu}? QapHa'lu'? [My good computer is not worked/functioned?
> someone/something does not work/function my computer?] QapHa' De'wI'lIj QaQ
> 'e' vIvaDmo' jI'IQ. tugh Qapjaj De'wI'lIj QaQ.

     Thinking this over again, I see TKD page 170: [My chronometer has
stopped.] = {tlhaqwIj chu'Ha'lu'pu'} Of course, a more literal translation
would be [My chronometer has been deactivated.] or [Someone has deactivated
my chronometer.] Either this is a statement about the dependability of the
technology (it absolutely could not stop without some outside agent stopping
it), or this may be a cultural statement about common suspicion of sabotage.
Either way, to cast David's sentence in this style:

De'wI'wIj QaQ QapHa'moHlu' vaj De'wI'wIj latlhvo' jabbI'IDvam SangeH.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level