tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 20 12:57:38 1994

Re: Klingon in mainstream pre...

>Thought the list might enjoy this.  A friend of mine is teaching his
>child Klingon.  The child consistently calls him vavoy and the other day,
>while I was on the phone with him, I heard his child yell, "ghobe',
>ghobe', ghobe'!"

>janSIy  }}:+D>

Please give more information. Who is this guy? How well does he know Klingon?
How well does this child know Klingon? My best guesses would lead me to
believe that we'd all be very disappointed at what this is really all about.
How old is this kid, anyways? Does he just know a few choice phrases, or can
he put together original constructions? If that's the case, even if they're
very simple phrases, we've hit a goldmine, altho my most optimistic
expectations will leave me surprised if this is really the case. I'm not even
going to hope, I'm just wondering what it's all about, and I'm sure everyone
else is too, but I strongly discourage anyone getting their hopes up.

Guido

Back to archive top level