tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 23 07:05:51 1994

type of animal

Someone mentioned in an earlier message something along the lines of 'a
targh is a targh'.  It got me to thinking, there are many instances of
'type on animal' being used in TKD, what exactly are those types of animals?

'er = ?
Qa' = ?
Qogh = ? (see below)
Ha'DIbaH = meat, animal {when Kruge used this in STIII, he seemed to use
	   this as an insult as he vaporized his gunner}
targh = a warthog like animal
pIpyuS = some sort of crustatian, Pipius claws like crab claws
'Iwghargh = bloodworm (the kind you would like to find in your drink, like
            a taquila worm)
ghargh = serpent, worm
gagh = serpent worm (as food) {in the same way deer meat is venison)
ro'qegh = ? (for making a blood pie)
toDbaj (sp?) = ? {legs are suitable for stuffing}
toQ = bird of prey ?? (toQDuj is Bird of Prey (ship), toQ could be some
      raptor, hawk, eagle or something)

Another reason I bring this up is that locally there is a Feddie group
with a Klingon ship name.  (I know, it gives me the willies just thinking
about it)  A crewmember told me it was the puvlI'qogh and I told him it
meant 'flying belt', he should have said puvlI'Qogh except that I've
never seen anywhere that Qogh is a bird of some sort like he intended.
For all I know, puvlI'Qogh could be 'flying weasel'.

I was about to suggest puvlI'toQ but, again, I could find nothing that
really confirmed that toQ was a bird of prey excepting its usage in
toQDuj.

Does anyone have any specifics on 'type of animal' usage?  I see te sorts
of conventions or debates developing like the invective discussions of
months ago.

Kordite, Intelligence Officer, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group

Back to archive top level