tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 15 09:06:59 1994

Re: -lu'

According to Jeremy Cowan:

> 1) How would YOU say, "It made Maltz willing to die"?

matlh HeghqangmoHlu'.

or, possibly better for THIS English (depending on whether it
is a situation or a thing referred to as "it":

Heghqang matlh 'e' qaSmoH wanI'/Doch.

> 2) How would YOU say, "It made him/her willing to destroy the ship"?

Presuming that the listing of Qaw' as a noun is an error in TKD
and that it really is a VERB:

Duj Qaw'qang ghaH 'e' qaSmoH wanI'/Doch.

I don't like any doubly transitive Qaw'moH constructions, but
that's a personal point of style, I suppose. Doing so seems
like going way out of your way to create a problem with the
wrong tool.

> 3) And to be complete, "It made Maltz willing to destroy the ship"?

Duj Qaw'qang matlh 'e' qaSmoH wanI'/Doch

> 4) Finally, do you have cannon (i.e. Okrandian) support for these
> sentences or are these personal opinions?  Please present your support.

All my canon searchable files are at my other computer. I'll
try to remember to look later.

> tagh may'
> janSIy  }}:+D>

Also, note that asking for EVERYBODY to respond is an
invitation to spam a lot of Email systems.

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \