tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 12 13:09:58 1994

Re: Dear Kordite: A Klingon Advice Column

>Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 13:55:14 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: Joel Anderson <[email protected]>

>Dear Kordite,

>Feklar strikes again!  My attempt to quickly provide an answer that MET
>THE QUESTION slipped in the suffix.  The honourable ~mark has corrected
>my words

> > >   toDwI'maj qoS yItIvqu'!

>should have indeed been:

>   toDwI'ma' qoS yItIvqu'!

>I deliberately used the "our", for I was responding as a Christian.
>If I were not and I was extending a wish to a Christian, I might say:

>   toDwI'ra' qoS yItIvqu'!

Maybe "toDwI'lI'", since the person is singular?  Or perhaps you're
including his co-religionists in the greeting.

>If we *must* be generic ....

>   yupma'ra' yItIvqu'!

Um, that old Feklhr really strikes them suffixes!  Since celebrations
aren't sentient, it should be "yupma'raj" or "yupma'lIj", depending on how
many people are being addressed.

>	   Joel.

~mark

Back to archive top level