tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 12 13:08:41 1994

Re: MUSH

> However, if there are people working on the kli.org machine, and know the
> MUSH is going to be down, a quick note on this list saying so would be nice,
> especially with some idea of when it would be back up...

We try to do this -- However, the MUSH has been offline more than online this
week, due to two things:

1) We had an emergency machine move. We litterally did this on NO notice. In
hindsight (isn't it always 20/20?), I guess I could have sent a note and
let it propogate before ending the world, but things took long enough as it
was. (Mark and I were up until around 4am on this one...)

2) Over this weekend, Lupine.org (that's the machine that acts as a file
server for KLI.ORG) suffered from a MAJOR (and I mean MAJOR) harddrive
crash -- Twice. I spent (literally) the entire weekend in the office working
on things. There's NO way we could have warned for this one.

FYI, I have everything mostly working, pending the arrival of a new drive
(which will be ordered here in a few minutes). And I'll gladly take
donations towards paying for it, too!)

And, back on-topic, I like the idea of a KEVE list, myself -- There's a LOT
that can be potentially discussed about the MUSH (trust me on this
one... I do MUSHes for a living, basically), and I think it'd annoy the
HELL out of the folks on here that are here to discuss the klingon
language, not to talk about what part of the MUSH still needs a @kdesc.

IMHO, of course. :)

									-WW

Back to archive top level