tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 11 21:15:56 1994

Re: KLBC: Bumper Sticker Translation

On Sun, 11 Dec 1994, William H. Martin wrote:
> reH tera' 'oHtaH! reH Qo'noS 'oHtaHqu'!

Did I miss a grammar point or are you just being as succinct as
possible?  What does 'oH refer to?  I'm not comfortable using context
since 'oH (I assume) refers to different things in the two different
sentences.  To clear it up a little, do you see any problems with:

reH tera' 'oHtaH tera'! reH Qo'noS 'oHtaHqu' Qo'noS!

Or, since, no matter how much you believe that it will be true, it is
still only a wish, you could clear it up even more (and get rid of that
difficult 'oH that I know chargwI' dislikes) with:

reH taHjaj tera' 'ach reH taHchu'jaj Qo'noS

> --
>  \___
>  o_/ \
>  <\__,\
>   ">   | Get a grip.
>    `   |

For the longest time I have been trying to figure out the ascii art and
what it had to do with grips.  I finally see it (kind of like those
Stare-E-Os).  I like it.

janSIy  }}:+D>

Back to archive top level