tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 11 21:09:02 1994

Re: KLBC: Bumper Sticker Translation

According to William H. Martin:

> According to [email protected]:
> >
> > I saw a bumper sticker yesterday which read:
> > "England forever!  Scotland a wee bit longer."
> If you want shorter, this somewhat misses the boat, but:
>
> reH tera' 'oHtaH! reH Qo'noS 'oHtaHqu'!

I think I glossed over this one too quickly. Better would be:

reH tera' 'oHtaHjaj! reH Qo'noS 'oHtaHqu'jaj!

Mostly, I figure that the Klingon {-qu'} is as associated with
the language as the Scottish "wee bit" is to its home.

Another angle might be:

reH tera' 'oHtaHjaj neH! reH SIQjaj Qo'noS!

"May Earth always merely exist. May Kronos always endure."

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \