tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 28 22:21:09 1994

Re: Requesting help!

According to Bill Willmerdinger:

> I would sooner die in battle than face uucp & Bill Willmerdinger over
> "Requesting help!"!

You might want to change that header lest you be accused of
crying wolf too many times...

> I would absolutely HATE to have to use "DaH jIbwIj bISay'nISmoH".

Good, since that is meaningless. You have managed two errors
with one syllable. Your verb prefix should be {vI-}. You got
both the subject and object wrong.

> rut targh Dachargh SoH, rut SoH Duchargh targh

Well said.

>  uu> taHjaj mu'qaD veS!
>
> yIjegh pagh qatuHmoH!

jIjeghchugh vaj jItuH'eghmoH!

> bIngravDaq So'ta'mo' QI'tomerDaq Hegh narghpu' vavlI'!

Ummm. That should be {rav bIngDaq}. "The floor's area-under".
There is no call for creating a new compound word here.

[There is the sound of a chair sliding back as charghwI' stands
to face you, fists on his hips.]

Hut DIS jIyInDI' qoHna' HeghHom Heghpu' vavwI'. batlhwIj
vIchenmoHnIS jIH'e'. quv'e' Suqpu'bogh vavlI' Dalo'taH 'e' chaq
DawIv'e'? chaq SoHvaD batlhlIj DaSuqlaHbe''a' SoH'e'? SoHvaD
quvlIj SuqnIS'a' latlh?

> Qob (who has been practising mu'qaD veS on the Fidonet KLINGON echo)

So, have you been practicing your replacement proverbs as well?

> ... Tribbles like you!!!

... YOU like TRIBBLES!!

So THERE!

charghwI'