tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 28 20:46:39 1994

Re: Talk like a Klingon!

According to HoD trI'Qal:

> > >--
> > >HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD >Qanqor...?
> >
> > ghaytan HonwI'Daj'e' SIbI' HoHlaHqu'mo' Qanqor, buQbogh mu'chaj qImHa' 'ej
> > Haghqu'. toH teH ghu'vam'e'! HeghtaH HonwI' 'ej HaghtaH HarwI'!
>
> Ah!  The first real comment on my .sig quote! :)
> Huh?  I get:  "Likely because Qanqor can killl suddenly his doubter, they
> unconcentrate their words wich threaten and augh.  So this is true!  The
> doubters laugh and the believers laugh!"  I don't get it.

I read that as "Perhaps because Krankor is quite able to kill
suddenly his doubter, HE pays no attention to their words which
threaten and HE laughs. So, this is true! The doubter is
laughing and the believer is laughing!" I think it makes a
little more sense that way. That's the problem with implicit
pronouns (or anything short of explicit nouns, for that
matter). It is easy to become confused over who is doing what.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level