tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 28 10:47:18 1994

Re: blind back-translation requested

Genovo':
>     > 	tIqwIj luwav qo'mey law'
>     "Many worlds divide my heart."
>     Just be aware this is considered by some to be idomatic. *sighs*
>
> Sorry, I'm a little confused. In what sense is it idiomatic?

Um... I'm not sure which aspect I was think of *specifically* when I
wrote this, but the concepts of a heart being divided ("split feelings")
is kind of a terran thing.  Someone (I believe it was Qanqor) once
pointed out to me that other races might not equate emotions to the
heart, but to another organ instead.

Of course, if you meant something different, ignore my comment. {{:)

-tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level