tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 22 22:46:58 1994

Re: West Coast Klingon Seminar?

On Sun, 21 Aug 1994, KLI Round Table Acct wrote:
> >   Would the person who was interested in helping put on a "West Coast" KLI
> > Seminar please contact me.  I'd like to get this thing started!
>
> While I certainly want to encourage most anything which promotes the
> Klingon language, the lawyer types require me to step in when I see a
> post like the one above.
>
> As far as I know (and I'm the one who would know) there is NOT a KLI
> Seminar planned for the western region of the U.S.  There may be a
> seminiar in the works, but it is not sponsored by the KLI.
>
> This is a subtle distinction, but an important one, especially given the
> new nonprofit corporate status of the KLI.

[example deletia]

> Sorry for the bureaucratic stuff, but like I said, our lawyers require it
> of us.
>
> Lawrence

Gotta support Lawrence on this one.  He's correct.

Many people have expressed an interest in a KlingFling-type seminar,
only out west (Sorry, Dr. Lawrence, Flourtown really isn't that central.:) )
for those who are unable to make a trip to PA.  However, if anything of
this nature is brewing (right now it is on a low simmer), it is not, as of
this moment, supported nor endorsed by the KLI.  The idea of such a seminar IS
PATTERNED after seminars similar to ones put on in the past by the KLI,
but THERE IS NO LEGAL CONNECTION.  It would be nice to have KLI
support if such a seminar were to come to pass, but there is no
connection of any I know of, and the KLI.  Satlho'.

chuQun

Back to archive top level